Radio 2000 reflects and unites South Africa’s diverse cultures.
Radio 2000 is the only facility service radio station in the country and forms part of the SABC’s Public Broadcasting Stations portfolio with the intent of strengthening democracy and Nation building through key offerings of sport, music, events of national importance and lifestyle programming. The station has a large national footprint. Broadcast language is English. The station has an Adult Contemporary Format targeting LSM 7 -10.
Radio 2000 headquarters are at the South African Broadcasting Corporation in Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
Radio 2000 provides content that is:
- Current, credible and is in alignment with the SABC corporate vision of broadcasting for total citizen empowerment
- High quality and engages our audience in healthy discussions and or debates on a wide range of subjects
- Empowering and uplifting to the citizens of South Africa
- Accessible and visible in accordance with our ICASA license and mandate, that is, informative, educational and entertaining.
- Audio Streaming Radio 2000 Xtra with over 200 000 unique listeners.
- > 44 176 Facebook likes
- >30 400 followers on Twitter
- MTN Radio Award Winner – 1 Night stand with the King: Best evening show on PBS Radio.
- Fastest Growing Radio Station within the SABC.
- 2010 Official Radio Station for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 2011 MTN Radio Award for the Best PBS Breakfast Show.
- 2013 MTN Radio Award for the Best PBS Evening Late Time Show.
- 2014 MTN Radio Award for Best PBS Afternoon Drive Team Show.
- Radio 2000 wins two awards at the 2017 Liberty Radio Awards.
Best PBS Night Time Show - Talk on 2000 with Thami Ngobeni
My Station Listeners Choice – Most Votes
Find your way to...
Radio 2000 targets like-minded listeners based on their taste of music, sport and lifestyle content as opposed to differentiating on race. The listeners are part of the rainbow nation driving social cohesion. They are educated and matured males and females LSM 7 – 10 who live in the post-apartheid South Africa. They love being informed about issues of national importance and appreciate the nostalgia of familiar music that they grew up listening to.
Established 1 January 1986
97.2 – 100FM Nationwide
Pay off Line: Covering all the Action Live as it happens.
HOW THIS WORKS
- Choose your neareast location from the list.
- Your frequency will be displayed
- Tune in and enjoy
YOUR FREQUENCY IS: