Keep Shining Music Experience Competition
Closed on: 31 Aug 2023
Terms & Conditions
RULES OF COMPETITION:
- The name of the Competition is the “#KeepShining Music Experience Competition - 2023” (“The Competition”) and the Promoter is Pioneer Foods (Pty) Limited (Registration number 1957/000634/07),a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at Glacier Place, 1 Sportica Crescent, Tyger Valley, Bellville, 7530.( “the Promoter”)
- The competition runs from 3 August and ends on 31 August at 23h59 for General Access and VIP tickets and on 28 August at 23h59 for VVIP tickets.
- The Competition is open to all citizens and legal residents of South Africa (provided that the participant is also a resident in South Africa at the time of winning and receiving any prize in this competition), who at the time of entering the Competition are over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (in the case of residents, a valid passport, and necessary residency permits).
- No employees, directors, agents or consultants and their immediate family members directly connected to or in the employment of Pioneer Foods (Pty) Ltd, their subsidiaries and business partners, associates, advertising or promotion agencies and staff members or anyone who within a period of 3 months preceding this competition has won any competition organised, promoted, or conducted by White Star, or who resides at the same address as such a winner may take part in the competition.
- To increase chances of winning, participants may enter a maximum of 2 (two) times per day and twenty (20) times during the Competition period, however, each Participant may only win once for the duration of the Competition. Each prize is randomly allocated based on a random algorithm. Each participant stands a chance to WIN one (1) of following double ticket prizes:
- National: 2 x double VVIP package which includes: travel to Johannesburg on Friday, 01 September 2023 and return from Johannesburg on 03 September 2023, in economy, on a flight plan determined by the Promoter; plus, accommodation for two nights (01 September 2023 and 02 September 2023) in a three star hotel, including drinks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, (valued at R2,500 per couple), transportation services and VIP tickets to the #KeepShining Music Experience Festival. The total value of the prize is estimated to be to the value of R15,000 for a couple. Promoters reserve the right to book road transport if flights to Johannesburg are fully booked or not available.
- Gauteng only: Sowetan: one (1) of twenty (20) General Access tickets, which EXCLUDES travel and accommodation.
- Gauteng only: Digital: one (1) of two hundred and thirty (230) General Access or twenty (20) VIP tickets which EXCLUDES travel and accommodation.
- Gauteng only RADIO2000: one (1) of fifty (50) General Access or twenty (20) VIP tickets which EXCLUDES travel and accommodation.
- To enter the Competition, you must dial into the dedicated USSD string on *120* 429# and
- or WhatsApp Hi to 073 065 1066 and follow the prompts.
- Select the #KeepShining Competition.
- Enter your name and surname.
- Select how you became aware of the Competition: Online, Sowetan, or Radio?
- Answer the question.
- Select which region you are from.
- Winners will be selected by random draw on 8 August 2023 for the General Access and VIP tickets and on 1 September 2023 VVIP tickets.
- Winners will be contacted via their cell phone number, and they will have to provide a copy of their ID or passport to verify themselves. Winners will need to show unique code on their phones at the entrance (Altitude Beach). Calls may be recorded for security or verification purposes.
- To claim their prize, each Winner will be sent a WhatsApp messages, including a congratulations message, unique code and instructions on how to redeem, on the mobile phone number from which they entered the Competition. Winners will be announced on 1 September 2023White Star Super Maize Meal Facebook page (www.facebook.com/whitestarsupermaizemeal).
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and may be used at their sole discretion.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on any of the cellular service providers’ networks, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person's cellular device relating to, or resulting from, participation in the Competition or use of the requisite instructions of the Competition. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the promotion rules and participants agree to abide by these rules.
- Except insofar as is provided for in the Consumer Protection Act (Act 68 of 2008), the Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the Competition’s closing date.
- Prizes are not transferrable, cannot be converted to any other prize, and may not be deferred to a later period.
- The Promoter or its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers, nor employees of such, do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to goods or personal injury, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, suffered as a result of participating or winning this prize, and will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees required for purpose of using, applying or enjoying the prize won in the Competition.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the Competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish any images taken of the participants for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any remuneration being made payable to the participants. However, the participant has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Legal Department of the Promoter at Glacier Place 1 Sportica Crescent Tygervalley, 7530.
- The Competition is in no way organised-, endorsed- or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media forum.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition can be directed to the Promoter via the Consumer Advisory Service division on 0800 022 000 during office hours (between 8h00 AM and 22h00 PM, excluding public holidays) throughout the duration of the Competition.
- A copy of these rules can be obtained by request and can be viewed on www.whitestar.africa