Radio 2000 Memorable Hits of the Decade
Stand a chance to win a share of R100 k
#Radio2000MemorableHitsoftheDecadeCompetition Song List
- Rock with You - Michael Jackson
- Celebration - Kool & the Gang
- I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
- Jump to It – Aretha Franklin
- Every Breath You Take - The Police
- Ain't Nobody - Chaka Kahn
- Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
- What's Love Got to Do with It - Tina Turner
- Holiday - Madonna
- All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie
- Pata Pata - Miriam Makeba
- Party - Harari
- Weekend Special - Brenda Fassie
- Burnout - Sipho "Hotstix" Mabuse
- Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
- Nightshift - Commodores
- Just the Two of Us - Grover Washington, Jr. & Bill Withers
- Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
- I Keep Forgettin - Michael McDonald
- Jabulani - Hotline featuring PJ Powers
- I'm in Love with a DJ - Yvonne Chaka
- Stimela sazeZola - Mbongeni Ngema
- A Night to Remember - Shalamar
- Love Come Down - Evelyn "Champagne" King
- Broken Wings - Mr. Mister
- Homeless - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- Now or Never - Sankomota
- Scatterlings of Africa - Johnny Clegg and Savuka
- Weeping - Bright Blue
- Quick Quick - Marcalex
- Special Star - Mango Groove
- How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
- Rhythm of the Night - DeBarge
- Higher Love - Steve Winwood
- Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie
- I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) - Aretha Franklin and George Michael
- Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
- Red Red Wine - UB40
- Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
- Joy - Teddy Pendergrass
- Tomorrow Nation - O'Yaba
- I'm in Love with a Rastaman - Mahlathini and the Mahotella Queens
- It's About Time - Boom Shaka
- The Crossing - Johnny Clegg
- Waar Was Jy? - Skeem
- Oyi Oyi - Arthur Mafokate
- That's the Way Love Is - Ten City
- Good Life - Inner City
- Pump Up The Jam Magasman - Trompies
- Shibobo - TKZee
- Thathi Sgubu - Bongo Maffin
- Nkalakatha - Mandoza
- Ghetto Fabulous - Zola
- Avulekile Amasango - Ismael
- She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
- The Living Years Mike - The Mechanics
- Destiny - Malaika
- Sister Bethina - Mgarimbe
- Love Satisfaction - Supafrika
- Tonight I Need Somebody – CJB
- Everybody Everybody - Black Box
- I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat
- Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- Dreamlover - Mariah Carey
- I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston
- Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature
- I Wanna Be Down - Brandy
- U.N.I.T.Y. - Queen Latifah
- Istraight lendaba - Brenda Fassie
- Feel so Strong – Pj Powers and Steve Kekana
- Caiphus Semenya - Ziphi Nkomo
- Sankomota - Stop the war
- Stimela - Hugh Masekela
- Shadows - éVoid
- Slave - Lucky Dube
- Fairytale - Liquideep
- Never knew love like this before - Stephanie Mills
- Could you be loved - Bob Marley ad the Wailers
- Heartbreaker - Dionne Warwick
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham
- All for You - Janet
- Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!) - Blu Cantrell
- Angel - Shaggy
- Maria Maria - Santana
- He Wasn't Man Enough - Toni Braxton
- I'll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy and Faith Evans featuring 112
- Mo Money Mo Problems - The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Puff Daddy and Mase
- Dear Mama - 2Pac
- Fantasy - Mariah Carey
- Vul'indlela - Brenda Fassie
- Sondela - Ringo Madlingozi
- Ndihamba Nawe - Mafikizolo
- Umoya - Skwatta Kamp
- Nomvula - Freshlyground
- Nizalwa Ngobani - Thandiswa Mazwai
- Matofotofo- Pitch Black Afro
- Akekh' uGogo - Mzekezeke
- Full Moon - Brandy
- A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion
- MalumePiki - Piki
To stand a chance of winning your share cash prize worth R100 000, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: The station has identified 100 songs from each decade commencing from 1990 until current that were not only global chart breakers but that of South African chart shows as well, keep it locked onto Radio 2000 97.2-100FM Nationwide as the songs will be played randomly across the station shows to spot that song that you believe deserves to be the most popular Hit of the Decades
Step 2: Still Posters to be created and shared across all the station social media platforms reflecting Top 100 songs listed for this competition in a batch of 10 songs per poster. To view the list Follow us @Radio2000_za (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or visit www.radio2000.co.za under competition tab.
Step 3: Songs will be scheduled at 10-past, 20-to and 10-to every hour with an opening and closing bill boards as a signature tying to #MemorableHitoftheDecade 100 tracks
Step 4: Montage of 5 songs per batch to be shared across all social media platforms as a teaser. Radio 2000 listeners are big on singing along to their favorite tunes, If you spot that song do sing along and share your video or voice note and share your festive season message with your loved ones and it will be played or shared across station social media platforms.
Step 5: Listeners will have their say as to which track is the most popular Hit of the decades by voting for the song that they feel deserves to be the greatest chart topper from the list of 100 songs. To vote | Dial *120*49495#, select the song you want to vote for. USSD charged at R1,50 per minute, free minutes do not apply.
Step 6: Voting lines will be open from 1st December 2021 and close at midnight on the 29th of December 2021
Step 7: The consolidation of the reports and winners will be drawn on the 30th of December.
Step 8: Memorable Hits of the Decade countdown will commence from the breakfast show on New Year’s Eve running until the announcement of the winning song, engaging with listeners on what the respective tracks remind them off, creating nostalgic moments on-air as the countdown proceeds.
Step 9: Winners will be announced on the 31st of December 2021 throughout the day
Step 10: Wild Card Entries winners (5 x R10k) to be announced on random shows on the 31stDecember 2021, listeners need to stay tuned in to ensure they don’t miss the call from our on-air team
Step 11: Announcement of the number 1 track (R30K) & number 2 track (R20K) winners will be contacted and be featured live on-air
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open to everyone except directors, members, partners, employees, agents and consultants of the SABC and/ or the competition promoters, and/ or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates.
- No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by Radio 2000 within 90 days of winning a competition hosted or in whole by Radio 2000
- The campaign will kick start on the 1st December 2021 until 31st December 2021.
- and the competition will run from Entries received after this date/time will not be considered.
- Any person who wishes to enter the competition may follow us on Instagram @Radio2000_za or visit www.radio2000.co.za to view full list of the 100 songs selected for this competition or
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from parents or guardians before entering
- Participants will only be contacted by Radio 2000/SABC personnel.
- The SABC/ Radio 2000 accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupt entries. The SABC will not be liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
- Prizes not collected/ or claimed within 90 days will be forfeited and disposed of in the discretion of the SABC and/or the competition promoter.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The SABC will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
- To claim this, prize the winner must adhere to the rules specified for this campaign.
- Winners may be required to participate on Radio, or on any other medium as shall be determined by the specific campaign.
- Winners’ names will be announced on the date and on the medium as will be determined by the specific campaign.
- Payments will take up to 90 Days counting from the end date of the competition & Prizes are not transferable.
- The SABC reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants should be South African citizens with valid identification
- To claim the prize, the winner must provide and complete all the relevant documentation.
- Winners use prizes at own risk. The SABC shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize/s.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering the competition.
- USSD is charged at R1,50 per minute, free minutes do not apply.
- A person may VOTE as many as they wish to increase their chances of winning the competition.
- Ensure that you always verify that you select the correct code assigned for the song you are voting for to avoid missing the opportunity for your preferred song to be deemed song of the decade and maximise your chance to be a winner.
- All parties entering the competition understand and accept that they may be required to be on-air, in addition their images or video clips may be uploaded onto Radio 2000’s digital media platforms and or website.
- Entries that contravene the terms and conditions or the rules of the competition will be disqualified.
- Radio 2000 reserves to right to amend or cancel the competition at any point in time without compensation or prior notice.